”A MAGNIFICENT work, a must-have for anyone interested in the Kuban and Kursk battles!”
– WW II aviation historian Peter Kassak.
This is the direct continuation of Volume 4 in the Black Cross/Red Star series.
This volume of Black Cross Red Star deals mainly with two of the largest air battles in military history—over the Kuban Bridgehead in the spring of 1943 and during the Battle of Kursk in July 1943. These are studied in great detail, with a balance between German and Soviet sources, many first-hand accounts, and presented with the true loss figures of both sides, day by day.
The author has studied the air war over the Eastern Front for several decades. This work is based on primary sources from both sides and interviews conducted by the author with a large number of veterans from both sides.
* Over 300 photographs, many from pilot veterans’ private photo albums and which have never been published before.
* Very clear maps: Most of the places mentioned in the book are on the maps.
* Aircraft color profiles by Jim Laurier.
* Photos of most of the aircraft that are featured on the inside of the dustjacket.
To order the book:
For a personally signed copy of the hardcover edition with aircraft color profiles etc:
Transfer 795 SEK (Swedish krona) [equivalent 79.99 EUR / USD$ 93.00 / £ 68.00 GBP / 124 AUD] to Christer’s Paypal account email@example.com
and send your address to Christer at firstname.lastname@example.org
For book retailers: E-mail email@example.com