Based on decades of research work in both German and Russian archives, as well as interviews with a large number of key figures and veterans, Stalingrad – New Perspectives on an Epic Battle brings our knowledge on this turning point of World War II several big steps forward. It brings forward many hitherto unknown facts and dispels many myths and misconceptions of the battle.
- Why did the Germans focus so much on Stalingrad?
- The myth that the name of the city – ”Stalin’s City” – played any role at all is analyzed and rejected: Stalingrad in fact was the key to German success, both strategically and tactically. How and why is explained in the book.
- How were the Soviets able to hold out in Stalingrad?
- What happened to the civilians in Stalingrad?
- A complete re-evaluation and examination of what has been said to be German ”mistakes” during this campaign.
- The German plans to retreat from Stalingrad – and how they failed.
- Hermann Göring’s and the Luftwaffe’s greatest mistake in this campaign was not the air bridge, which needs to be re-evaluated, but something with far greater implications, although neglected in history writing.
This work on the ground war during the Battle of Stalingrad is the continuation of Christer Bergström’s previous book Operation Barbarossa 1941 : Hitler against Stalin and supplements his Black Cross/Red Star series about the air war on the Eastern Front.
“Christer Bergström is recognized as a prominent expert on the Second World War, not least concerning the Eastern Front. Bergström’s book is so extensive, profound, and detailed that I am totally taken aback.”
– Kjell E. Genberg in DAST Magazine on Christer Bergström’s previous book Operation Barbarossa 1941: Hitler against Stalin.
More information will follow soon. Can’t wait? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to bring about a quick release of this book, I consider a crowdfunding-solution. The crowdfunders will receive a personally signed copy of a special, numbered edition, and have their names printed as an acknowledgment in the book.
In order to bring about a quick release of this book, I consider a crowdfunding-solution. The crowdfunders will also have their names printed as an acknowledgment in the book.
I ask everyone who wants to participate in the crowdfunding with USD$120 or more to e-mail me.
This also applies to people who don’t want to crowdfund, but who wish to pre-order a signed copy for $70.00 plus postage.
And please spread the word on communities on the Internet!
One more thing: Please ask around at book stores in your country to find book stores interested in taking in a couple of copies. No one could inform them better than you of the great interest in this unique book!
/ Christer Bergström
For book retailers: E-mail email@example.com
By Christer Bergström
Large format (A4)
To be published in early 2022